Friday, May 28, 2010

Inspiration: Figure Drawing

Recently in a figure drawing session I took a break from using watercolor and was inspired by the recent Rembrandt exhibit at our local J. Paul Getty Museum. There is one particular image that stuck in my head and lead to the inspiration of looking for a way to get the feeling of an ink wash using a pen and PrismaColor markers. In no way was I looking to repeat another's success but rather use it as inspiration for a new way of seeing. (At the bottom of the post is the image that led to this experiment. Simply Masterful.)



3 comments:

Nick said...

Amazing sketches, you are an inspiration to me and I just wanted to let you know I continually visit your site to try and get as much information I can to help improve my work. Thanks!

-nick

Mark McDonnell said...

Nick,

Thank you for the kind comment my man, much appreciated. I'll keep putting them up and hopefully they'll get better and better . . .

Best,

MAC

Anonymous said...

What's up it's me, I am also visiting this web page daily, this site is actually
nice and the people are truly sharing good thoughts.

Feel free to surf to my site bmi chart women