Monday, September 13, 2010

Under the Influence . . .


Recently I have been asked quite a bit who some of my greatest influences are artistically. There are so many and new one's created almost daily thanks to the internet and the blogging world. But there are some staples that still mean a great deal to me for many reasons.

1. Marc Davis
2. Frank Frazetta
3. Mort Drucker
4. John Singer Sargent
5. Glen Keane
6. Hans Bacher
7. Rein Poortvliet
8. Paul Felix
9. Claire Wendling
10. Berni Wrightson
11. Brian Froud
12. François-Auguste-René Rodin
13. Jack Davis
14. John Nevarez
15. Marcelo Vignali

5 comments:

Bill Robinson said...

My map would be very similar!! Great taste in artists. :]

allen mez said...

LOVE this. Very informative. Much better than that last post about that sad sack Smigly. WTF? Right? Are you with me? Hello...?

Anonymous said...

Great list! And what's this .. Rien Poortvliet? How did you get to know his work, I'm really curious. Best wishes from Holland!

Anonymous said...

This page truly has all the information and facts I needed about this
subject and didn't know who to ask.

my website ... Body Mass Index Chart

Men's Health said...

Great post, thanks for sharing it